- Open the settings dialog. (Ctrl + Alt + S)
- Click External Tools. (P)
- Add. (Alt + A)
- Set the name to whatever you want.
- put "ruby" in the Program text box.
- put "$FileDirRelativeToProjectRoot$\$FileName$" in the Parameters text box.
- put "$ProjectFileDir$" in the Working directory text box.
- click OK.
NOTE: If you put a breakpoint in a ruby file and execute that file the breakpoint will be hit and you will drop into irb in the Run window of IntelliJ.
- Create a Keymap for quickly running the tests without the need for a context menu.
- Create an external program that checks valid Ruby syntax. This can be done by adding an additional external program and setting the Program to "ruby", Parameters to "-c $FileName$", and the Working directory to "$FileDir$"